Best Lines of the Week (August 3-9): 'My Goal Here Is to Kill Them With Booty'
Sergei Bachlakov/Warner Bros/NBC, ABC/Craig Sjodin, Jackson Lee Davis/AMC
Jackson Lee Davis/AMC
Dud: “The enguacification of the avocado is one of mankind's great leaps."
- Dud (Wyatt Russell) sings guacamole's praises as he enjoys his famous 7 layer dip (with three layers).
The Bold Type
Sutton: “I am very aroused by this hotel lobby.”
- Sutton (Meghann Fahy), living her Paris dreams to the absolute fullest.
Monty: “Is it beautiful? It is in my dreams.”
- An elderly Monty (Christopher Larkin) talks to Clarke and Bellamy through a series of pre-recorded videos, and asks them what their new planet looks like.
Connor: “I mean, I look at your face and, no offense, but I see dead babies.”
- Connor (Alan Ruck) "reading" Eavis for his politics—and his face.
Simon: “This looks like a lousy third-rate prop for a B sci-fi movie, and that's why I love it!”
- Judge Simon Doonan expresses his enthusiasm for Khiem's rocket ship fort.
Bachelor in Paradise
Bibiana: “My goal here is to kill them with booty.”
- Bibiana explains her strategy going into Paradise.
Sergei Bachlakov/Warner Bros/NBC
Trial & Error: Lady, Killer
Lavinia: “If I were wearing my slapping gloves, you'd be tasting fresh peacock skin by now.”
- Lavinia Peck-Foster (Kristin Chenoweth) does not hold back from showing her frustration with lawyer Josh Segal (Nicholas D'Agosto) when her innocence comes into question.
Better Call Saul
Gus: “Someone will move against the Salamancas, which brings war, which brings chaos—which brings the DEA.”
- Gus' (Giancarlo Esposito) thoughts on what the future could hold, leaving everyone wondering what he will (and won't) do to stop these events from happening.
Anne Marie Fox/HBO
Camille: “The only Calhoun Day tradition you really need to respect is drinking enough to get through Calhoun Day.”
- Camille (Amy Adams) offers her cynical take on the Wind Gap tradition.
Matilde: “That is not a wedding gown. That is for the drag queen, the RuPaul.”
Jenn: “Boo boo, that's a compliment.”
- Jenn (Jenn Lyons) has no patience for Matilde's (Sheryl Lee Ralph) attempt to criticize Desna's choice of wedding outfit.
From tropical drama on Bachelor in Paradise to legal intrigue and hilarity on Trial & Error: Lady, Killer, this was a week for lines that made us laugh out loud—plus a few others that took our breath away.
Click through the gallery above to see our 10 favorite lines on TV this week!
And love is in the air.