Best Lines of the Week (April 3-9): 'Just Wanted One Last Look'
ABC; ABC/Eric McCandless; Patrick Harbron/CBS
This week's television was full of goodbyes. We said goodbye to two fan-favorite comedies,
and Modern Family , plus Schitt's Creek ended its season early. The Resident
Two new shows also premiered, popular game show
returned, and new streaming service Quibi debuted. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
The stars paid tribute to the show, its fans, and each other with heartfelt messages and photos.
Dre and Rainbow got into an argument in this week's
, while black-ish traveled to an alternate universe. The Good Fight saw the return of the annual Halloween Heist, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine Tracy Morgan stopped by the . TODAY Show
Keep reading for the best lines TV had to offer this week.
The Resident (Fox)
Nic:“He has a mom.”
Devon: “Well, he didn’t just spring fully formed from Satan’s head.”
– Nic (
Emily VanCamp) and Devon (Manish Dayal) are intrigued to learn more about Barrett Cain’s ( Morris Chestnut) past.
“Dre, I know that you have concerns about it not being a traditional classroom, but the truth is that a non-traditional education did pretty well for me, Dr. Rainbow Johnson, MD, right?”
– Rainbow ( Tracee Ellis Ross) attempts to calm Dre’s ( Anthony Anderson) concerns over sending their son to a non-traditional school.
Gayme Show (Quibi)
“Of course, ‘Demi Lovato’ is the gay aloha. It means both hello and goodbye.”
– Hosts Matt Rogers and Dave Mizzoni educate their straight contestants on gay vocabulary.
Schitt's Creek (Pop TV)
Johnny: “Wait! Stop the car.”
Moira: “What is it?”
Johnny: “Just wanted one last look. Driver, we’re ready.”
– Johnny ( Eugene Levy) takes one last look at the town sign before he and Moira ( Catherine O’Hara) depart from Schitt’s Creek in the series finale.
The Good Fight (CBS All Access)
Liz: “And where were the Obamas during all this?”
Diane: “They had an overall deal at Netflix.”
– Diane Lockhart ( Christine Baranski), in an alternate universe, tells her friends what’s happening in our reality.
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (ABC)
“I’m Jimmy Kimmel, and tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1999 with the return of the most dramatically lit show in history.”
– Host Jimmy Kimmel brings back the popular game show, with celebrity contestants playing for the charity of their choice.
Modern Family (ABC)
Gloria: “Why is this so hard? We’ve done this like seven times already today.”
Jay: “It’s hard because not everybody gets to have what we have.”
– The family has an emotional goodbye on the series finale of Modern Family .
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC)
“So while you nerds are always arguing about who the only two-time champion is, I just became the first three-time champion.”
– Rosa ( Stephanie Beatriz) reveals she beat the others in the annual tradition.
TODAY Show (NBC)
“I’m going to get all my pets tested. I’m getting my sharks tested. I’m getting my moray eel tested. I just bought a 600-pound silverback gorilla. I’m going to take him down to NewYork-Presbyterian to get tested.”
– Tracy Morgan gives a no-filter interview to Hoda Kotb.
WrestleMania (WWE Network)
“My God, Gronk took out everyone! … Gronk is the 24/7 champion!”
– Former Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski unexpectedly enters — and wins — the WWE 24/7 title.