5 Devilish Tidbits from WonderCon 2017’s ‘Lucifer’ Panel
Even though Lucifer star Tom Ellis was unable to attend his show’s panel at this year’s WonderCon in Anaheim, Calif., some of his castmates and executive producers shared enough details on the rest of Season 2 to raise the devil himself.
- When the show finally returns from winter hiatus on May 1, there will be a new Mrs. Morningstar. After cutting off ties from his crew and vanishing from town, Luci is back with a bride named Candy (Lindsey Gort). Chloe (Lauren German) is not OK with this twist.
- Executive producers Joe Henderson and Ildy Modrovich confirmed that we should expect to see some new pairings amongst the ensemble, although not of the romantic variety. That said, Modrovich did point out the online attention being paid to the sparks between Kevin Alejandro’s Det. Dan and Dr. Linda (Rachael Harris).
- The duo also addressed the show’s recent episode order/renewal conundrum, explaining that the season was originally supposed to be 18 episodes, then they were asked for four more, then the show was renewed. Adding in this extended break and the carefully mapped out arc they had for their second season, Modrovich and Henderson were able to keep things as they were and the four additional episodes—created as standalone hours—will be fit into Season 3.
- Mazikeen (Lesley-Ann Brandt) and Linda will each be the focus in two of those episodes, and Harris teased that we will see “the darker” part of the good doctor’s world that has only been hinted at. In addition, the style of these standalone episodes will be wildly different. Henderson says that one is a straight-up farce, while another is almost Twilight Zone-ish.
- Psych‘s Timothy Omundson will pop up as someone potentially very close to Luci, Amenadiel (D.B. Woodside) and Charlotte (Tricia Helfer). In a teaser trailer that was first shown exclusively to the crowd inside the Anaheim Convention Center arena, we saw Omundsun’s arrival elicit an alarming response from our favorite fallen angel. Check it out here…
Lucifer, Spring Premiere, Monday, May 1, 9/8c, Fox