“I feel really good about not feeling… muzzled anymore. And it was my own doing.”
– Taylor Swift reflects on refusing to be silent about her opinions.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC)
“Oh! It’s dad — I mean, Captain Holt! I mean, Captain Dad. I mean, Officer Holt. I mean, Officer Dad. Yep, that was it. Officer Dad. I found it.”
– Jake (Andy Samberg) has trouble addressing a recently-demoted Holt (Andre Braugher).
Barbara Nitke/The CW
Katy Keene (The CW)
“I’m from Riverdale. It’s the murder capital of the world. I’ll be fine.”
– Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray) assures her new roommates that she’ll survive in New York.
Schitt’s Creek (Pop TV)
“Let the crowening commence!”
– Moira Rose (Catherine O’Hara) welcomes the crowd at the premiere of her long-awaited film, The Crows Have Eyes 3: The Crowening.
Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
– Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) finally gets to say one of his most iconic catchphrases.
Prodigal Son (FOX)
“Were you able to kill James Bond?”
– Dani (Aurora Perrineau) pokes fun at Malcolm’s (Tom Payne) splashy white suit.
BoJack Horseman (Netflix)
BoJack: “Life’s a bitch and then you die, right?”
Diane: “Sometimes. Sometimes life’s a bitch and then you keep living.”
– BoJack (Will Arnett) and Diane (Alison Brie) end the series on a contemplative note.
Party of Five (Freeform)
“That’s what immigrants do. That’s what my parents did. They take the hand that’s offered to them and then they reach back and extend their own, and they know there’s no shame in it.”
– Natalia (Sol Rodriguez) on why Emilio (Brandon Larracuente) should not be ashamed to accept her help with caring for his family
Danielle Levitt/Comedy Central
Awkwafina is Nora from Queens (Comedy Central)
“There is some asbestos, and leaky pipes, and… Cantonese ghosts.”
– Nancy (Deborah S. Craig) teaches Nora the ins and outs of the real estate business.
“It turned out, the balance of friendship with an ex is way more complicated than I’d anticipated. While some people are mature enough to navigate this tricky dynamic, others backslide on their kitchen counters.”
– Zoey (Yara Shahidi) on making out with her ex-boyfriend Luca (Luka Sabbat) after trying (and failing) to just be friends
Sean Gallagher/Comedy Central
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (Comedy Central)
“The haters said you were as radical as a glass of skim milk, but they were wrong, Mitt. You’re whole milk, my man.”
– Trevor Noah gives Mitt Romney a backhanded compliment.
Katie Yu/The CW
The Flash (The CW)
“Our Earth has more threats than ever, and I don’t even know where they’re coming from.”
– Cisco (Carlos Valdes) talks about the ramifications of Crisis on Infinite Earths on the show’s first episode after the crossover event.
Greg Gayne /FOX
The Masked Singer (FOX)
“You just Ken Jeong’d yourself!”
– Jenny McCarthy ribs fellow judge Robin Thicke after the latter failed to guess that friend and collaborator Lil Wayne was behind the robot mask.