Best Lines of the Week (August 17-23): 'Even in Death, You Doubt Me'
Paul Sarkis/SHOWTIME, Alfonso Bresciani/AMC/Sony Pictures Television, Anne Marie Fox/HBO
Noah: “Where is it written that love should be exactly the same every time?”
- Noah (Dominic West) tells Helen (Maura Tierney) that she’s capable of loving again.
Ralph Angel: “Find something good and wrap your heart around it.”
- Ralph Angel (Kofi Siriboe) tells a room full of imprisoned men.
Anne Marie Fox/HBO
Adora: “Your health is not a debt you just cancel. The body collects.”
- Adora (Patricia Clarkson) gives Camille (Amy Adams) a sinister warning.
Maura Connolly Longueil/Hulu
Wendell “What makes it so hard is that no one stays dead when you kill ’em, unless you’re a Timewalker. Theoretically, you could just kill your nemesis and fix the whole timeline.”
- Wendell (Chosen Jacobs) compares Ruth’s (Sissy Spacek) condition to an AR game, after calling her a Timewalker.
Charles: “You’re the only person I want to talk to. But the more we talk the more I want to hold you or kiss you.”
- Charles (Peter Hermann) making the audience swoon with his sweet talk.
Sergei Bachlakov/Warner Bros/NBC
Trial & Error
Lavinia Peck-Foster: "The secret is to hold on tight to the good times and grit your teeth through the pain, because at the end of the day, life is just a journey…and if you’re lucky, you don’t have to take that journey alone."
- “The First Lady of East Peck” Lavinia Peck-Foster (Kristin Chenoweth) gives a surprisingly deep speech about the secret to living a fulfilled life.
Talon: “Even in death, you doubt me.”
- Talon (Jessica Green) showing a range of emotions with the blacksmith.
Alfonso Bresciani/AMC/Sony Pictures Television
Jesse: “Your head looks like a dick. It suits you.”
- Jesse (Dominic Cooper) telling it like it is, per usual.
From soul-baring moments on Queen Sugar to creepy warnings on Sharp Objects, this week of television had something for any audience.
Click through the gallery above to see our favorite lines on TV this week!
Plus, did you catch those Leonardo DiCaprio movie references?