Best Lines of the Week (Jan. 19-25): 'It's Not About the Pasta'
The Real Housewives of New Jersey
Dolores: “I’m not saying she’s doing 10 kilos in the bathroom. There’s just something not right. Maybe like a Xanax or something.”
- Dolores Catania calls out Danielle Staub for her unusual behavior, citing drugs as the reason—which sets Danielle off.
Katie Yu/The CW
Elongated Man: “Sticks and stones may break my bones, buddy. Well, they used to.”
- Elongated Man (Hartley Sawyer) mouthing off to a robber while stopping a bank robbery and saving hostages.
Maarten de Boer/NBC
This Is Us
Sophie: “We tried to do it again. We tried to squeeze a puzzle piece in because it fit once when we were kids. If you really wanna make amends, then just leave me with something. Leave me with the past, and let me remember you when it was good.”
- Sophie (Alexa Breckenridge) to Kevin (Justin Hartley) on how they need to move on from each other.
Arie: “22 years old. So damn young. I’m just thinking of all the problems that could come up. I see myself falling in love with her, but I also don’t want to get through this whole thing, be at the end, and then afterward, [have] her realize, ‘I’m not ready for marriage.’ At 22, does she really know?”
- Bachelor Arie Luyendyk Jr. on his reaction to learning contestant Bekah Martinez is actually 22 years old while on a one-on-one date with her.
The Amazing Race
Lucas: “Today’s perfect. We’re in France, we’re running through castles. She’s a princess, and we won a trip to Bali, where we always wanted to be. So, I can’t think of a better place to do it.”
- Lucas Bocanegra explains to host Phil Keoghan why he proposed to teammate (and now fiancée) Brittany Austin after they arrived at the finish line in 1st place in France.
James: “Oh my god, why is it about the damn pasta? Get over the damn pasta. Read between the f**king lines. It ain’t about the pasta! It’s not about the pasta. It’s not about the pasta.”
- After getting into an explosive fight with castmate Lala Kent over her eating Raquel’s pasta, James Kennedy adamantly tells her that the fight is, in fact, not about the pasta at all.
Stephen: “Lauren called them 'exclusive,' while Carl called other girls.”
- Stephen McGee updates viewers on Lauren and Carl’s on-again/off-again relationship.
LA to Vegas
Bernard: “Wedding rings don’t mean anything. Rock Hudson had one, and I had Rock Hudson.”
-Bernard (Nathan Lee Graham) dismisses the symbolic meaning of wedding rings.
My Big Fat Fabulous Life
Whitney: “I was trying to practice the swaddling technique on him, but it didn’t work.”
- Whitney Way Thoore’s poor cat, Henchi, faces the backlash of Whitney’s baby fever.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Kristin: “Everyone’s story deserves to be told, especially now. We are living in a watershed moment, and as we march forward with active momentum and open ears, let’s make sure that we’re leading the charge with empathy and with diligence, because fear and anger never win the race.”
- Host Kristen Bell on the hopeful next chapter for the entertainment industry.
This week saw plenty of great quotes from several of our favorite TV characters and personalities that left us laughing, crying, and/or just plain shocked.
From This Is Us's emotion-filled episode to The Flash's Elongated Man cracking jokes, to Kristen Bell's powerful speech as the first host of the SAG Awards, this week of TV was filled with memorable lines.
Click through the gallery above for our 10 favorite lines of the week!
The wedding dress. The basement. The baby. Joe Morton. The 'Scandal' star spills on everything!