Amy Schumer, Empire Win Big at TCA Awards
The critics have spoken.
Comedy Central's Inside Amy Schumer, Fox's Empire and AMC's Better Call Saul were among the television programs honored at the 31st Annual TCA Awards on Saturday night in the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. The Late Late Show's James Corden was on hand to host the event, which recognized the best of the 2014-15 as determined by the 220 members of the Television Critics Association.
Comedian Amy Schumer was the night's big winner, taking home the awards for Individual Achievement in Comedy and Outstanding Achievement in Comedy for her Comedy Central series. Fox drama Empire won Program of the Year, while freshman AMC drama Better Call Saul won Outstanding New Program. The critics also said goodbye to Mad Men's Jon Hamm by awarding him the Individual Achievement in Drama and to late night host David Letterman, who was recognized with the Heritage Award for NBC's Late Show and CBS's Late Night.
Check out the full list of winners:
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Jon Hamm (Mad Men, AMC)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Amy Schumer (Inside Amy Schumer, Comedy Central)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: The Chair (Starz)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: The Fosters (ABC Family) – second consecutive year
- Outstanding New Program: Better Call Saul (AMC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: The Americans (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: Inside Amy Schumer (Comedy Central)
- Career Achievement Award: James L. Brooks
- Heritage Award: Late Show/Late Night with David Letterman (CBS/NBC)
- Program of the Year: Empire (Fox)
More TCA Coverage
- FX Boss: 'There Is Simply Too Much Television'
- Fox and Andy Samberg Prepare for the Emmys
- Critic's Notebook: Fox's Fall Lineup Is All About Nostalgia