Best Lines of the Week (May 1-7): 'All You Have to Do Is Listen'
Netflix; CBS All Access; AP Photo/John Swart
This week on TV, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and Riverdale wrapped up their seasons, while Brockmire's series finale took its characters far into the future. ESPN continued its nostalgic dive into the 1990s Bulls with parts 5 and 6 of The Last Dance.
Meanwhile on streaming, Greg Daniels' afterlife satire Upload premiered on Amazon Prime, while Netflix dropped a brand new Jerry Seinfeld stand-up special.
Whether you're looking for drama, comedy, sci-fi, mystery, or a reimagining, there's something for everyone.
Check out the gallery below for this week's best lines on TV.
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (NBC)
“Oh, you’re always gonna hear me, whether it’s a song or not. All you have to do is listen.”
– Mitch (Peter Gallagher) gives Zoey (Jane Levy) some parting words of comfort in their final moments.
Brian Drake/NBAE via Getty Images
The Last Dance (ESPN)
“A lot of people say they’d like to be Michael Jordan for a day or a week. But let them try to be Michael Jordan for a year, see if they like it.”
– In 1992, Michael Jordan explains that fame comes at a price.
Amazon Prime Video
Upload (Prime Video)
“This is the first day of the rest of your afterlife.”
– Nora (Andy Allo) welcomes Nathan (Robbie Amell) to Upload.
How To Get Away With Murder (ABC)
“If I lose, I’m going to lose looking like me.”
– Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) opts for the natural hair look at her trial.
CBS All Access
The Good Fight (CBS All Access)
“Hello, big boy.”
– Diane (Christine Baranski) spices up her and Kurt’s (Gary Cole) sex life after seeing a steamy and controversial play.
Katie Yu/The CW
Riverdale (The CW)
“Who has experience in getting rid of a dead body?”
– In Jughead’s (Cole Sprouse) dream sequence, Veronica (Camila Mendes) wryly acknowledges the show’s twisted past.
“I’m purposely having my funeral at the end of a ballgame so you have to sit through the entire thing.”
– Brockmire (Hank Azaria) continues to try to sell Charles (Tyrel Jackson Williams) on baseball.
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Bravo)
“I mean, ‘ragamuffin’ is not the nicest word, but… I could have said worse.”
– Kyle Richards isn’t sorry after dissing Denise Richards
23 Hours to Kill (Netflix)
“I’m not interested in food that’s auditioning to get on the team.”
– Jerry Seinfeld explains why he doesn’t believe in specials at restaurants.
Single Parents (ABC)
“I don’t mean to sound weird, but you look really nice in under-dining-room-table light.”
– Angie’s (Leighton Meester) ex, Derek (Adam Brody), compliments her under the dining table as she helps him talk to Poppy (Kimrie Lewis) after her breakup.
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (CBS)
“Happy Mother’s Day — I Unsuccessfully Tried To Barter You For A Case of Clorox Wipes.”
– Colbert and his wife do some first drafts of Mother’s Day greeting cards.