Best Lines of the Week (June 22-28): 'My Social Media Is on Steroids'
Alfonso Bresciani/AMC/Sony Pictures Television, Freeform/Philippe Bosse, Skip Bolen/TNT Netflix
Marvel’s Luke Cage
Bushmaster: “Let’s see if you’re a better daughter than I was a son.”
– Bushmaster (Mustafa Shakir), after setting fire to Mariah’s (Alfre Woodard) house.
The Bold Type
Pinstripe: “Daddy needs his beauty rest.”
Jane: “Please don’t ever call yourself ‘daddy’ again.”
– Jane (Katie Stevens) and Pinstripe (Dan Jeannotte) meet again for the first time since Pinstripe lost his job.
Dylan: “You know, hanging with Maddie is gonna be on fleek.”
Dylan: “It’s gonna be trill.”
Andy: “I want a divorce.”
– Dylan (Alan Cumming) trying (and failing) to prove to his husband Andy (Daniel Ings) that he’s hip with the kids.
Cole: “Adulthood. Join me here, why don’t you?”
– Cole (Joshua Jackson) reminds us what every character is struggling to be—a functioning, responsible adult.
Logan: “Dad, I’m all the way down now. I can see the bottom. Don’t you want to see what I see?”
– Logan’s (Ben Barnes) last, haunting words to his dad (Peter Mullan) before he overdoses.
Katie Yu/The CW
Bellamy Blake: “My sister, my responsibility.”
– Bellamy Blake (Bob Morley) echoes his mantra from years past after he “poisons” his little sister, Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos), to prevent war.
David: “I’ll kick it off.”
Jordan: “First off, just don’t even start kicking things off, okay?”
– The David/Jordan drama comes to a head on the 2-on-1 date when Becca asks them to explain their behavior.
Kitty: “My social media is on steroids!”
– Kitty (Julianna Margulies), celebrating her own success.
Alfonso Bresciani/AMC/Sony Pictures Television
Cassidy: “Is that your grandma? Holy sh**, she’s unattractive, isn’t she?”
– Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), upon seeing Marie L’Angelle (Betty Buckley), bringing humor to a heavy season premiere.
Jenn: “One of us needs to exhale.”
Desna: “And one of us needs to bathe. Yeah, I said it.”
– Desna (Niecy Nash) calls Jenn (Jenn Lyon) out.
From the season premiere of Preacher to the twisted season finale of Westworld, this week was filled with lines for everyone, from beginning to end.
Click through the gallery above to see our 10 favorite lines on TV this week!
Her role as 'Gran'ma' in Season 3 of the AMC hit is a far cry from her beloved 'Eight Is Enough' character.