Best Lines of the Week (June 15-21): 'You're the Earthquake'
Craig Sjodin/ABC, Diyah Pera/The CW,Katie Yu/The CW
Kevin Winter/Getty Images for MTV
MTV Movie Awards
Michael B. Jordan: “I'm shocked that I won this award for Best Villain. I thought Roseanne had this in the bag.”
– Michael B. Jordan accepts the "Best Villain" award for his role as Erik Killmonger in Black Panther - and throws a little shade at Roseanne Barr as he gives his speech.
Helen: “Oh my God, it’s you. You’re the earthquake.”
– Helen (Maura Tierney) to Noah (Dominic West), realizing that he’s the reason for her anxiety.
Elektra: “F**k Barbie. They had Olympic Barbie, Malibu Barbie, doctor Barbie, all kinds of Barbies, but they only had one black Barbie. Christie. And she was still built like a white girl.”
– Elektra (Dominique Jackson) on the lack of inclusivity in Barbie dolls.
William: “I was shedding my skin. And the darkness was what was underneath. It was mine all along. And I decided how much of it I let into the world. I tried to do right. I was faithful, generous, kind...at least in this world. That has to count for something, right?”
– William (Ed Harris), admitting out loud, what the park has revealed about him.
Jordan: “All I know is I’m Captain Underpants and...uh, that’s all I got. That’s all I got.”
– Jordan being Jordan.
Diyah Pera/The CW
Wes: “I'm going to love you for the rest of my life. You're just not going to be around to see it.”
– Wes (Elliot Knight) to Stella (Lucy Hale) when they decide to break up.
Katie Yu/The CW
Harper: “I’m officially scared of your sister.”
– Harper (Chelsey Reist) says what everyone seems to be thinking; Octavia’s a little - or a lot - frightening as Blodreina.
Plum: "A fair number of the girls seem exhilarated. Empowered, or something like that. I guess they feel like they matter, somehow.”
– Plum (Joy Nash) tells Kitty that their readership appreciates the stance and efforts “Jennifer” is taking against men and for women’s rights.
The Bold Type
Jacqueline: “You have some growing up to do, Jane. You need to live in this failure. You can’t be afraid of it...I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but this is going to be an invaluable learning experience for you.”
– Jacqueline (Melora Hardin) tells Jane (Katie Stevens) she can’t have her job at Scarlet Magazine back, and advises her to learn from her failure.
Jonathan Van Ness: "When your best look is fresh out of bed Sasquatch, it is not inspiring for your lady. At all."
– Jonathan Van Ness, keeping it real as per usual.
From meaningful monologues on Westworld to funny zingers on Queer Eye, this week of television was filled with both humor and drama.
Click through the gallery above to see our 10 favorite lines on TV this week!
Plus, find out how Kat and Adena's relationship will be tested.