Nick Carter, Kim Zolciak, Chaka Khan and Paula Deen Join ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 21
After announcing the returning pro dancers on DWTS last month, Good Morning America revealed its full list of celebrity competitors this morning.
A few celebs, like Bindi Irwin (the late Steve Irwin’s daughter), Nick Carter (of Backstreet Boys) and Paula Deen (professional cook and former Food Network star) were announced in August. But musicians Andy Grammer (“Honey, I’m Good”) and Grammy Award-winning Chaka Khan (“I’m Every Woman”), plus Oscar-nominated actor Gary Busey (The Buddy Holly Story) and Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Kim Zolciak Biermann will be joining them.
For the first time, a husband and wife team will also be competing against each other—actress Alexa PenaVega (Spy Kids) and her husband, Carlos. Other notable competitors include Army National Guard specialist Alek Skarlatos, Braxton Family Values star Tamar Braxton (and Toni’s younger sister), 15-year-old social media star Hayes Grier, and the 2015 Triple Crown/Kentucky Derby winner Victor Espinoza.
Here’s the line-up of stars who will be putting on their dancing shoes for some waltzes and sambas this season:
- Alek Skarlatos partnered with Lindsay Arnold
- Alexa PenaVega partnered with Mark Ballas
- Andy Grammer partnered with Allison Holker
- Bindi Irwin partnered with Derek Hough
- Carlos PenaVega partnered with Witney Carson
- Chaka Khan partnered with Keo Motsepe
- Gary Busey partnered with Anna Trebunskaya
- Hayes Grier partnered with Emma Slater
- Kim Zolciak Biermann partnered with Tony Dovolani
- Nick Carter partnered with Sharna Burgess
- Paula Deen partnered with Louis van Amstel
- Tamar Braxton partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Victor Espinoza partnered with Karina Smirnoff
Dancing with the Stars returns for a two-night premiere on Monday, September 14, 8:00-10:01 pm ET and continue on Tuesday, September 15, 9:00-11:01 pm ET.