Best Lines of the Week (Feb. 21 - 27): 'I Wish You Every Happiness'
Amazon Prime Video/Andrew Lipovsky; Freeform; NBC CBS
Kobe and Gianna Bryant Memorial
“We love and miss you, Boo-Boo and Gigi. May you both rest in peace and have fun in heaven until we meet again one day. We love you both and miss you forever and always, Mommy.”
– Vanessa Bryant delivered a heartbreaking speech for her husband and daughter.
Better Call Saul (AMC)
“Ocho loco, this guy, huh?”
– Lalo Salamanca (Tony Dalton) to his associates during a poker game, referring to Domingo (Max Arciniega) after seeing his hand in the game (Domingo is later known as Krazy-8 on Breaking Bad.)
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
“New Yorkers are really just one huge family. We argue, we fight, but at the end of the day we all come together to make fun of New Jersey.”
– Jimmy Fallon moves his usual monologue to the NYC subway for a show with special guests BTS.
Amazon Prime Video
Hunters (Amazon Prime Video)
“This… is not murder. This is mitzvah.”
– Meyer Offerman (Al Pacino) justifies his unorthodox tactics for hunting Nazis.
Fresh off the Boat (ABC)
“I’ve never seen your mother this happy! That includes our wedding day.”
– Louis (Randall Park) is surprised by his wife (Constance Wu)’s behavior after son Eddie (Hudson Yang) scores a 1500 on his SAT.
“Don’t be putting no smoked Gouda in my grilled cheese, white boy.”
– Nayeli (Bianca Melgar) has strong opinions about fancy ingredients.
“Goodbye, Charlotte. I wish you every happiness.”
– Sidney Parker (Theo James) leaves love interest Charlotte (Rose Williams) — and the audience — heartbroken.
The Bold Type (Freeform)
“Maybe it’s like a Harry Potter situation. The strap-on chooses you.”
– Kat (Aisha Dee) ponders her wealth of options in a sex shop.
Love is Blind (Netflix)
“I do not.”
– Damian gets cold feet at the altar.
Avenue 5 (HBO)
“You keep greeting people in triplicate, we’ll be dead by Tuesday.”
– Engineer Billie (Lenora Crichlow) chides Capt. Ryan Clark (Hugh Laurie) for not being able to keep his nerves in check (and wasting air) when they believe the ship has an oxygen leak.
This week's TV gave us happiness, hilarity and heartbreak. We said goodbye to basketball legend Kobe Bryant and to Sidney and Charlotte's relationship in the Sanditon finale. Meanwhile, Jimmy Fallon took The Tonight Show underground, and Al Pacino was on the hunt for Nazis on his new show Hunters.
Plus, Netflix brought us the dramatic series finale of Love Is Blind, the girls on The Bold Type traveled to a sex shop, and Better Call Saul revealed the origin of a character's nickname.
The final episode of the PBS miniseries left fans with some major cliffhangers.
Check out the gallery above to see this week's best TV lines!