Best Lines of the Week (July 20-26): 'The Masks Are a Fashion Statement'
TV Land, Freeform, Freeform
Anne Marie Fox/HBO
Richard: “So let me guess, you were like a preacher's daughter? Looks, money, and brains?”
Camille: "Well, looks and money will get you pretty far in this town.”
Richard: “And brains?”
Camille: "Brains will get you out of this town."
- Camille (Amy Adams) reveals a bit about herself—and Wind Gap—to Detective Richard Willis (Chris Messina).
Becca: “There's something so old and cultural about interacting with a monk.”
- Becca, making her best attempt at describing her experience getting relationship advice(!) from a monk in Thailand.
Diana: “Neckwear should inspire envy, Liza. Not seizures.”
- Diana (Miriam Shor) expresses her disdain for Liza's (Sutton Foster) festive light-up Christmas light necklace.
Ted Williams: The Greatest Hitter Who Ever Lived
Roger Angell: “Everything about him is interesting in this gnarled, difficult way. What a weirdo, what a great hitter.”
- Sportswriter Roger Angell sums up Ted Williams.
Virginia: “The masks are a fashion statement.”
- Virginia (Karrueche Tran) defends her choice of the group's heist attire.
Young and Hungry
Josh: “Gabi, I'm not proposing.”
Gabi: “You can't not propose, you were gonna propose, you can't un-propose!”
- Gabi (Emily Osment) and Josh (Jonathan Sadowski) work out their (un)engagement situation.
The Bold Type
Jacqueline: “Do we have another photo of Michael B. Jordan? He is just so beautiful; everybody's gonna think he's CGI.”
- Jacqueline (Melora Hardin) once again proves both her critical eye as an editor AND her ability to deliver compliments.
Elektra: “I'm not ruined, I'm reborn.”
- Elektra (Dominique Jackson) refuses to give in, even when she's lost everything.
Robert Falconer/The CW
Madi: “I love you Clarke, but we're on the wrong side of this war.”
- Madi (Lola Flannery) dishes out the wisdom to Clarke (Eliza Taylor) as the voice of reason.
Guy Fieri's Feeding Frenzy
Guy: “Well, a couple times, I started to remember that it [the ocean floor] was 6000 feet below us. And then I thought of other things. I thought of baseball. I thought of popcorn.”
- Guy explains his (very on brand) coping strategy for his free dive with the sharks in the tongue of the ocean.
From Guy Fieri's deep-sea dive on Shark Week to a holiday special (in July!) on Younger, this week in TV took us to all kinds of unexpected places, with some memorable lines along the way.
Click through the gallery above to see our 10 favorite lines on TV this week!
It's that time of year. The sun is out, the beach beckons, and, we assume, the predators of the deep are out there, swimming around somewhere. Probably near Australia, if we had to guess. Hopefully far from our beach towels. Dust off your floaties, team....