E! Entertainment; Blaine Ohigashi/A.M.P.A.S; Will Heath/NBC
Blaine Ohigashi / A.M.P.A.S
The Oscars (ABC)
“I’m ready to drink tonight, until next morning. Thank you.”
– Parasite director Bong Joon-ho celebrates his film’s four Oscar wins, including the first-ever Best Picture win for a non-English language film.
The Conners (ABC)
“When you don’t take this seriously, you get the government you deserve.”
– Mark (Ames McNamara) tries to convince his cynical family to care about politics.
Saturday Night Live (NBC)
“If you follow your heart and dare to be different and use all the colors in the crayon box, who knows where you’ll end up.”
– RuPaul giving the audience some motivational advice during his first hosting appearance.
Riverdale (The CW)
“The week started like any other. Who would have guessed where I’d be by the end?”
– Jughead (Cole Sprouse) foreshadows his terrible fate.
High Maintenance (HBO)
“So often it’s just like this random moment, you know? You see something on the curb that nobody wanted. You realize like, oh, that can be mine, that is mine now. Like this moment of random greatness pops into your day that was otherwise monumental garbage. That’s our show today: people going deep into the trash, hoping to pull out something good.”
– This American Life‘s Ira Glass puts an optimistic spin on New York living.
For Life (ABC)
O’Reilly: “How are you here?”
Wallace: “Hard work and good will. What’s your method?”
– Aaron Wallace (Nicholas Pinnock) defiantly appears in court, despite the prosecutor (Erik Jensen)’s confusion.
Robert Voets/CBS Entertainment
Survivor: Winners At War (CBS)
“See this, right now?… It’s kinda making me feel like I can’t trust you.”
– “Boston” Rob Mariano guilts Ben into giving him names.
This Is Us (NBC)
“You’re fat, I’m ancient, we’re gorgeous.”
– Rebecca (Mandy Moore) encourages a demoralized Kate (Chrissy Metz) to go swimming.
Married at First Sight (Lifetime)
“It’s not ‘Roommates at First Sight!’”
– Zach explains why he refuses to move in with Mindy.
The Soup (E!)
“This isn’t a reboot, it’s a re-imagining! It’s totally different… right, Joel?”
– New Soup host Jade Catta-Pretta wants viewers to know the show’s not just another reboot.
Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)
“We’re going to need a lot of coke.”
– Isabella (Teresa Ruiz) goes into business with Enedina (Mayra Hermosillo).
This week, television pushed boundaries as the Oscars crowned its first ever non-English best picture, and The Conners incorporated live political commentary as the New Hampshire Democratic primaries unfolded. Meanwhile, E!'s The Soup returned with a new host, and Survivor came back with a slew of familiar faces.