The “Show Us Your Best Cosplay” Sweepstakes - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The “Show Us Your Best Cosplay” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 7/3/2017 at 12:01 AM ET and ends on 7/30/2017 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is TV Guide Magazine, LLC (“TVGM). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects. TVGM is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, and of their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and of the vendors and other third parties involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” means those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” means parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
3. ENTRY: There are three ways to enter the Sweepstakes. You may enter via the online method (the “Online Method”), via the Facebook method (the “Facebook Method”), or via the email method (the “Email Method”). To enter via the Online Method, visit PartyCitycosplay.com or tvinsider.com (the “Websites”), accurately complete the entry form, and submit the entry form during the Sweepstakes Period. You must provide all information requested on the entry form, including name, email address, and telephone number as well as a photo of yourself wearing a costume and fashion accessories to represent a fictional character (the “Photo”). Entrant must have a valid email account in order for an entry via the Online Method to be eligible. To enter via the Facebook Method, visit the TV Guide Magazine Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine (the “Page”) and click on the Sweepstakes post on the Page. You will then be directed to an entry form, and you must complete and submit the entry form during the Sweepstakes Period. You must provide all information requested on the entry form, including name, email address, telephone number, and Photo. To enter via the Email Method, send an email during the Sweepstakes Period to [email protected] with your name, email address, and phone and “Party City Sweepstakes” in the subject line. You may submit a Photo in connection with your email, but you are not required to do so.
4. CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES: Automated or robotic entries submitted by entrants will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor. Limit one entry per entrant, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will void entrant’s entries if discovered by Sponsor, and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. TVGM’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. The information submitted in an Online Method entry (but not the Photo) and the information submitted in an Email Entry (but not the optional Photo) becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Incomplete entries and/or entries that do not conform to the above specifications will be disqualified. Photos must not be altered or electronically enhanced in order to substantially misrepresent the entrant or the subject matter. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the email account associated with the entry will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misaddressed or misdirected due to technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access the website or online service, or any other technical error or malfunction.
5. SUBMITTED PHOTOS: The entrant must be the only person in the Photo, and the Photo must have been taken within one year of the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. By submitting a Photo as part of an entry in this Sweepstakes, each entrant represents and warrants that: no laws were broken in the creation of the Photo; the Photo is entrant’s own original creation or the entrant has all rights necessary to submit the Photo; and the Photo does not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy and copyrights), does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, does not contain unsafe, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content, and in no other way violates any applicable laws. The Photo may not disparage any person or Sponsor; promote bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; contain any nudity, sexually explicit, lewd, offensive, disparaging or other inappropriate content; and/or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to be associated.
Entries (including the associated Photos) that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify those entries that contain offensive or inappropriate material, that are deemed by the Sponsor to be unsuitable, or that Sponsor believes would subject either of them to a claim or litigation, and Sponsor may do so at any time, including after the Photos have been posted in the Sweepstakes gallery, at their sole discretion. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
By entering, entrants grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, world-wide, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to publish their submitted Photos and derivative works based thereon in any medium now known or hereafter invented, in perpetuity without prior notice or approval or payment. This license includes but is not limited to the right to place the Photo adjacent to advertising and sponsor branding and in an online Sweepstakes gallery. Entrants otherwise will retain all rights to their Photos, and the publication of their photos as part of this Sweepstakes will not limit their use and ability to further market the Photos.
6. WINNER SELECTION: After the close of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Please note, the quality of the Photo submitted (if any) will not play a role in the determination of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Decisions of Sponsor is final on all matters
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: TVGM will attempt to notify potential winner via telephone/email If the potential winner: (a) does not respond within 48 hours of initial notification attempt; (b) is not in compliance with these Official Rules, (c) does not meet the eligibility requirements, (d) declines the prize, or (e) does not sign and return required documents or provide required identification by deadlines established by Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by applying the criteria set forth above. Potential winner may be required, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release (TN residents need not sign Publicity Release), a Photo Release, and a scan or photo of legal ID before claiming the prize or being allowed to participate in any prize activities. All forms must be received by Sponsor within 10 days of the date on notification materials.
8. GRAND PRIZE: One winner will receive one American Express gift card valued at $500 and one Party City gift card valued at $500. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prize cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if the prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor make no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of the prize awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prize will be sent to winner via overnight delivery. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, delay, or damage in delivery.
9. RELEASE/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; (f) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes; or (g) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize/prize winner.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons that may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor will post notice of their action on the Websites and on the Page. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor will select the winner in a random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination of the Sweepstakes or in such other manner Sponsor deems fair and equitable.
10. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, by Sponsor and/or their affiliates, without additional compensation.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or if such individual shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening, or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in their sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsors’ control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and any advertising or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
11. IN CASE OF DISPUTE: Sweepstakes and Official Rules will be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of New York, excluding choice of law provisions. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. Entrants expressly agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be brought only in the federal or state courts located in the New York County, State of New York, and entrants consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
12. WINNER NAME/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to TV Guide Magazine, LLC, 50 Rockefeller Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10020, Attn: Marketing Department. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later than 90 days after the Sweepstakes Period has ended. For accessing the winner’s name online, visit Party City.com. The winner’s name will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
13. SPONSOR: TV Guide Magazine, LLC, 50 Rockefeller Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10020; TV Insider, LLC, 50 Rockefeller Plaza,14th Floor, New York, NY 10020.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.