Wendi McLendon-Covey Teases a Possible 'Reno 911!' Reboot

UPI
Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Former Reno 911! star Wendi McLendon-Covey is teasing the possibility of a reboot.

The 49-year-old actress said Wednesday on the Watch What Happens Live after-show that a revival of the Comedy Central series is in "very early stages."

'Gossip Girl' Reboot Being Discussed at The CW

'Gossip Girl' Reboot Being Discussed at The CW

Blake Lively and Leighton Meester have already expressed interest in it.

McLendon-Covey spoke out after a fan asked if a new Reno 911! movie is in the works. She denied a film is happening but said a reboot is being discussed.

"Not for a movie, but possibly for the show," the star told host Andy Cohen. "I guess I just leaked that."

"[It's in] very early stages. Who knows?" she added before expressing interest. "If it makes sense, if it's funny."

TV Reboots, Revivals, & More Arriving in 2019

TV Reboots, Revivals, & More Arriving in 2019

Also be on the lookout for shows turned into movies and sequel series.

McLendon-Covey, who played Deputy Johnson on Reno 911!, said she considers the show a high point in her career.

"That was what got me started. That was my first big job," the actress said.

"It was really fun but I don't know if you could recapture that again because so much time has gone by and everybody else is on a different show now, so when would we do it?" she added.

Reno 911! had a six-season run from 2003 to 2009, and inspired the 2007 movie Reno 911!: Miami. The show co-starred Cedric Yarbrough, Niecy Nash, Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon.

Lennon and Nash, who portrayed Lieutenant Dangle and Deputy Williams, have previously said another movie was in the works. The cast reunited for a holiday-themed video in December ahead of a New Year's Eve marathon on Comedy Central.

By Annie Martin

Originally published in UPI Entertainment News.