John Carpenter Working on 'Tales for a Halloween Night' Series for Syfy
Universal Cable Productions says it has made a development deal with horror titan John Carpenter.
The 69-year-old filmmaker's work includes Halloween, The Thing and Escape from New York.
Carpenter has agreed to executive produce scripted programming with UCP for the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment portfolio, as well as for external networks and streaming services, along with his producing partner, Sandy King, under their Storm King Productions banner, the company said in a press release Thursday.
Syfy previously turned 'Tremors' into a series in 2003, however the show only lasted for 13 episodes.
"John Carpenter is an incredible creator whose dark imagination has left an indelible mark in film and in our dreams," Dawn Olmstead, executive vice president of development at UCP, said in a statement. "We are thrilled to have a master of the horror genre join UCP."
"I'm excited to partner with Universal Cable Productions on this venture into television. On one hand it's a return home to Universal where I have fond memories, and on the other it's a step into the future with great new creative partners in programming," added Carpenter.
UCP and Carpenter are already working on a series called Tales for a Halloween Night for Syfy, as well as Nightside, an adaptation of Simon R. Green's books.
By Karen Butler
Originally published in UPI Entertainment News.AlertMe